- UCSD faculty created 500 new inventions in 2020 and has helped startthousands of companies including 760 current startups.
- Downtown San Diego is booming with new tech campuses.
- General Atomic has been tapped to design a new nuclear powered rocket.
- SD Foundation and SDG&E announce grant for black women entrepreneurs.
- Petco plans to make half of its products sustainable by 2025.
Well, the cat is out of the bag! I have partnered with fellow entrepreneur and angel investor Al Bsharah to launch a community-driven angel investment syndicate called Interlock Capital. We’ve been joined by more than 120 local and abroad entrepreneurs, operators, subject matter experts, and service providers to provide $1.25 million in investments for six companies since last summer. We’re focused on growing our investor venture partner roster, so if you want to join us, get in touch through our website. Thanks to all of YOU for your support, intros, and well wishes as we help our local companies grow, create more jobs, and have a broader impact. Come hear us speak about it at tonight’s SD Tech Hub event.
Fast Five stories I am watching this week: