As we continue to celebrate and honor National Women’s History Month, I’d like to focus on another strength in San Diego – the number of incredible women investors and capital allocators who help keep our ecosystem thriving.
Key female investment fund managers in San Diego include:
- Caitlin Wege, Tech Coast Angels and MooDoos Investments
- Denise Longely, Longley Capital
- Allison Long Pettine, Ridge Group Investments and Ad Astra Ventures
- Silvia Mah, Stella Labs, Ad Astra Ventures, and SD Angel Conference
- Vidya Dinamani, Ad Astra Ventures
- Mysty Rusk, SD Angel Conference
- Jaime Schmidt, Color Capital
- Kim Folsom and Oralia Alvarez, Founders First Capital
- Kim Kamdar, Domain Associates
- Barbara Bry, Blackbird Ventures
- Magda Marquet, Alma Life Sciences and Mesa Verde
- Jean Balgrosky, Bootstrap Ventures
- Nancy Hong, Rivervest
There’s also an incredibly strong female angel community, many of which are part of TCA’s Angel Ladies.
The San Diego tech ecosystem continues to flourish in equitable ways!
And, here are the FAST FIVE stories I am watching:
- Founders First Capital raised an additional $9M to continue to fund underrepresented entrepreneurs, especially in the service industry.
- San Diego Angel Conference is March 20 and is attracting a lot of buzz. Come join!
- Caitlin Wege joins the She Invests! Podcast for an interview by Silvia Mah.
- UCSD’s The Basement has launched the Latinx Leadership Program.
- San Diego has all the elements to continue to be the tech and life sciences hub and recent growth shows all the ingredients are working by Mike Krenn.