Summer is in full swing post-Fourth of July and so is recent funding activity. See below for recent deals and check out the diversity in the industries getting funded – from cosmetics to battery development, security compliance, and healthcare marketplaces.
Speaking of security, a recent study about San Diego’s cybersecurity talent pool shows a big gap between the massive amount of job openings and the low number of talent filling it. It seems like it is a matter of national security that we find a way to train and fill these roles amongst our 800+ local cyber firms. SD Workforce’s Cyberhire is a good start, but we’re going to need a lot more talent avenues. That goes for tech role training in general. Who’s working on this? We would love to help promote. Shoot me a note.
Interested in helping our startup community? Consider applying for Startup San Diego’s Entrepreneur-In-Residence program; taking applications now.
Fast Five Tech Stories of the Week – Join us Friday’s at 12:30 for a deep dive of these stories:
- Viasat is supporting a space debris cleanup project
- The New Cold War involves supply chains and specifically semiconductor chip manufacturing
- Qualcomm unveils 7 new IoT-focused chipsets
- SDPD upped its tech game during the U.S. Open
- IPO Alerts: Dermata Therapeutics, Janux Therapeutics
Follow @FreshBrewedTech on Twitter for daily SD tech news.