March is National Women’s History Month and San Diego is the place to be. We have one of the deepest support systems for female founders and professionals.
Organizations like Athena and Ad Astra’s Get To Even bootcamp are enriching our leaders.
We have great programs like Stella Labs, Women Who Code, Designing Women, Girls in Tech SD.
Investors such as Ad Astra and Stella Angels are supporting female founders.
Spaces like Hera Hub and The Rosie Network are supporting a female-focused communities.
Meanwhile, events like San Diego Tech Women’s Summit on March 8 and SD Women’s Week March 15-19 will bring us all together to inspire, empower, and connect – for everyone, not just women. See you there virtually!
Throughout the ecosystem, below are FAST FIVE stories I am watching:
- Coworking spaces Hera Hub and CommonGrounds partner to create Learning Lounges.
- Pillsbury law firm launched an $11M commitment to advance civil rights and equal justice.
- Anzu Partners, a VC firm in SD & Boston, filed a $250M SPAC to take an industrial tech company public.
- San Diego Angel Conference (SDAC) announced its 7 finalists: Verity, Chargenet, Advocat, Digital Proteomics, Fluid Power AI, Hempress Hygienics, Uplyft.
- More than 180 companies have been founded by UCSD Rady School of Business alum since 2003 with an economic impact of $2 billion.
The San Diego tech ecosystem continues to thrive, which is great to see!
Follow @FreshBrewedTech on Twitter for daily SD tech news.