We started Fresh Brewed Tech to amplify the good work that was already happening in San Diego. In the Summer of 2018, we launched this newsletter to give information to both locals and those outside of San Diego. What we find encouraging is that people forwarded it, and then hopped on LinkedIn and Twitter to share with others on their networks.
But we wouldn’t have a lot to promote if our local tech journalists didn’t consistently pump out great coverage. And now we have lost our startup reporter, Brittany Meiling at The San Diego UnionTribune. We’ll miss Brittany immensely! We need your help in referring good potential journalists to keep covering our tech scene. Reply to this email with his/her LinkedIn and we’ll get it in the right hands.
At Fresh Brewed Tech, we’ve prided ourselves at being a talent incubator — especially writers so if you know someone looking for an internship, we’d also love your referrals.
And the Top Five Tech News Stories of the week to watch:
- San Diego-based Sony Electronics is upgrading its product lines alongside big leadership changes
- GoPuff launching in San Diego after its BevMo acquisition
- PacBio acquiring Omniome for $800M, heating up the genomics space after Illumina tried to acquire PacBio
- Oberon Fuels is partnering with Los Alamos to produce Hydrogen fuel
- Two San Diego companies make Walmart’s Open Call Competition