Happy summer! As things begin to open back up, including events, it will be interesting to see which ones will be in-person and which will stay hybrid. I hope to see some of you at an in person or virtual event soon. A bunch of events and application deadlines are coming up, including applications for Women’s Fast Pitch by Stella Labs, which are due June 25.
See our Events section for more.
This week’s podcast reconnects us with the Cox Business team, which has been cooking up a number of new cloud tech tools to help businesses keep a competitive “edge.” They’ve been working with us in the community for more than four years to help grow our ecosystem. Give it a listen!
Fast Five Tech Stories of the Week:
- The waterfront’s IQHQ life science city is going to change the landscape of downtown San Diego.
- Data science jobs are on the rise and the Data Science Alliance is helping to connect and promote the region.
- Tech Coast Angels invested nearly $20 million into 64 companies in 2020.
- TuSimple’s autonomous truck driving shaved 10 hours off a 24-hour haul.
- High school students to pitch their startup ideas to San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria.
Follow @FreshBrewedTech on Twitter for daily SD tech news.