Wow, December already! And with Omicron, who knows what’s in store for 2022? What we do know is that our tech ecosystem is going to continue to grow despite any challenges. With all of this capital raised and companies doing well from digital/virtual needs, we’re going to hear more and more about the need for readily available talent. A recent study by the SDEDC even stated our future growth is going to be hurt by the lack of available talent.
One way we’ve tracked growth is by new companies moving to or opening offices in San Diego, but there’s also the growth of our companies opening offices in other cities. One of note is Clickup opening an office in Ireland. Did you know that the San Diego World Trade Center will actually help you expand globally? The center also gives out grants to help. Called the MetroConnect program, applications are due by Dec. 17. Check out the program here.
- Hologic donates $5M on Giving Tuesday to support women in STEM
- A new practical use case for holograms by IKIN
- ViaCyte may actually the cure to Type 1 Diabetes
- New app OurWorlds presented tech at ComicCon that elevates Native American culture
- A plethora of new acquisitions including Space Micro, Citadel, Lengo Therapeutics
Follow @FreshBrewedTech on Twitter for daily SD tech news.