We have a lot of cool SD events and deadlines this week, including Startup San Diego Convergence happening now, Top Tech Awards nominations due by May 28 to nominate your favorite tech leader, and the State of Diverse Founders: Results and Next Steps on May 26 by VillageUp.
Also, we are launching a new (virtual for now) event series called Fresh Brewed Tech Live. On June 15, we are bringing the cybersecurity community together for a curated exclusive networking experience. Join us and/or send to a friend that could use some purposeful interaction. This is not your standard virtual event on Zoom!
Fast Five Tech Stories of the week:
- Asian-owned businesses contribute over $4B in local economic impact
- New venture capital firm Spark Growth debuts in San Diego
- SD2 non-profit launched to promote diversity in STEM
- The Cool Companies have been announced by Connect/San Diego Venture Group
- SDSU recent grad raised $1.6M investment fund before even graduating
P.S. Ready for the Tacos and Tech Vizer Challenge? Check out the podcast below