Well, what a week and weekend. We stood up and voted and we have a lot of new leadership all around, including in San Diego. We have a lot to be proud of so let’s keep the momentum going with ensuring our tech ecosystem and the communities that support it stay relevant. Now that we will have new leaders in the New Year, it’s the time to check in, not check out, and make sure they hear our actual needs and voices.
As Veteran’s Day approaches, I also want to give a shout out to our local military talent, which is an incredible asset to our region. A big thank you to all of our veterans for your continued dedication and service. I want to make sure all of us are working to help transitioning service people to tech jobs and/or entrepreneurship if that’s the right path for them.
A few resources:
- Military Entrepreneurs Club Monthly Meetup
- National Security Innovation Network
- UCSD Rady StartR Veteran Entrepreneur Program
- SoCal Veteran Outreach Business Center at MiraCosta College & SBA
- The Rosie Network for Military Family Entrepreneurs
- SD Startup Resources Airtable
We have lots of work ahead; let’s keep looking up!