By Neal Bloom
Going through an accelerator for mentorship and funding is an important piece of the startup ecosystem, including capital, exits, funding, and talent.
We have recently seen the birth of a few new San Diego-based accelerators. And for definition’s sake, we talk about accelerators as a physical place that invests cash for equity and sets a specific time period to assist in mentorship and growth.
· Trials.ai – Fall ’17
Canopy San Diego – Local CannaBusiness Accelerator
Ad Astra is a female-led startup program and San Diego’s newest accelerator, which has officially launched its first cohort. I hope this is the start of a new wave of local resources.
While San Diego hasn’t had a consistent accelerator in town until recently, many of our local startups have gone to top national accelerators, received funding, and have come back to San Diego. Let’s take a look below.
· Sourcify – W18
· Ben.co – W18
· Persephone Biome – W18
· It’s Borrowed – S17
· LawnLove – S14
· Tracks.by – S13
· Yealthy – S12
· TrustEgg – W12
· Trust & Will – Techstars W18
· SICdrone – Techstars Autonomous Technology with U.S. Air Force W18
· Qeepsake – Techstars S17
· SimpleForms – Techstars S17
· Innova Drone – Techstars Qualcomm Robotics Accelerator S15
· Clever Pet – Techstars Qualcomm Robotics Accelerator S15
· Shopventory – Techstars S13
· EmailCopilot – Techstars Microsoft Accelerator S13
· Additive Rocket Corp. – Techstars Adelaide Q3 17
· Enroll Hero – MetLife Digital Accelerator powered by Techstars, current
· Astroprint – Stanley + Techstars Additive Manufacturing Accelerator, current500 Startups
· BenRevo – Batch 20
· Cognuse – Batch 16
· Sightly – Batch unknown
· Astroprint – Batch 11
· ProductBio – Batch 10
· LabFellows – Cohort 6
· Wrapify – Class II
This list is by no means comprehensive. Who are we missing?
Your SD Tech Ambassador,
Like this article? Share below!
Neal, this is awesome. Thanks for cataloging this. There are a lot of great options for founders in the accelerator space. It’s great to know who the alumni are so founders can reach out with questions.