If you missed Part 1, Click Here!
The flywheel of a startup ecosystem gets moving when entrepreneurs & their companies succeed and put their successes back into the community through capital, experienced talent, and start new companies. San Diego has strong momentum with all of the acquisitions that have happened over the last year.
Sample of Tech Exits (most acquisition prices were not disclosed)
· Venovate/Keystone Capital – Acquired by Coinbase in June 2018
· Pulse Electronics – Acq. by Yageo for $740M in May 2018
· RelationEdge – Acq. by Rackspace in May 2018
· VaultRMS – Acq. by Envisage in April 2018
· Spoutable – Acq. by Proper Media in February 2018
· LoanHero – Acq. by LendingPoint in January 2018
· Halo BI – Acq. by Logility in November 2017
· Digital Telepathy – Acq. by ServiceNow in October 2017
· SeatAdvisor – Acq. by Patron Technology in October 2017
· Slacker Radio – Acq. by LiveXLive in September in 2017
· Parallel6 – Acq. by PRA in August 2017
· TE2 – Acq. by Accesso for $80M in July 2017
· StackIQ – Acq. by local Teradata in July 2017
· Competitor Group – Acq. by Ironman in June 2017
· PayLease – Acq. by Vista Equity Partners in June 2017 for between $300-$350M
· GreatCall – Acq. by GTCR in June 2017 w/ undisclosed price but $300M in annual revenue
· Lymber – Acq. by Mindbody in March 2017
· SparkFin – Acq. by Stocktwits in January 2017
· Ad-juster – Acq. by Innotech Capital in January 2017
· Harvest.ai – Acq. by Amazon for ~$20M in January 2017
· BrightScope – Acq. by Strategic Insights for $35M+ in November 2016
· Mtell – Acq. by AspenTech for $40M in October 2016
What To Do With This Data? MENTOR & INVEST IN SAN DIEGO
Want to move here?
Want to work at our companies?
Want to start a company here?
Want to speak in front of 5,000+ people at June’s Startup Week?
Join the ecosystem conversation at:
Your San Diego tech ambassador,
Please share to help spotlight San Diego & send me anonymous feedback by texting ‘nealbloom’ to 24365